Saturday, January 1, 2011

new year, new praise.

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone is celebrating the newness of the year.

Last night was simply a compilation of three ladies, dinner, homemade facials, new skin,
and a new year.

To say it was fun would be an understatement.

So as we were putting things unimaginable on our faces, we discussed different things we were really determined to work on this next year. I like to give mine a wide umbrella to sit under. Like taking better care of myself, in every sense of the word. I want to be more brave. And I want to work hard on the things I pursue; being seminary, The Peach Room, or that language that I've been wanting to learn.

I know that nothing is simple, there's usually some fear involved, and possibly failure. But you won't know until you try. And if you don't try then you are not even giving yourself a chance.

But then God shakes the ground, comes down and gives you some encouragement and says, 'Look. I fixed your broken bones, I mended your eyes, and take away your pain. I created you the way you are on purpose. I place passions and gifts in you on purpose. And believe it or not, sometimes things work out.'

So after that, I was just going through my unfathomably long google reader, a collection of blogs that I keep up with, and came across this picture.



And I could READ it!

Well maybe not translate it, but I could pronounce the words, I just didn't know what it meant (it means happy new year, I looked it up). holy COW!!! I got SO EXCITED!

And then the other day, I replied to someone saying, 'yes please'. And then right after my mind immediatly thought it in Russian. YESS!!!

I haven't really explained myself lately, and please don't think of me as anything strange, but I'm learning Russian. Self taught, we'll see how that goes.

Why in the world would I want to do that? I just do. There's been something inside of me since high school that's had a desire to learn absolutely no other language except that one. I have no explanation other than that! I'm not sure how it will be used or where it will come in handy but that doesn't concern me at all.

So having this little piece of encouragement makes me feel a little bit more encouraged about the other things of life.

Nothing's impossible. In fact, they should just take that word out of existence entirely.

That may or may not have been way too corny.

Okay it was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not corny!