Tuesday, April 26, 2011

a warrior little lady

I feel such a disconnect between this piece of myself and.....myself. It's probably because I haven't been around very much, go figure!

So I need to apologize, with this being my first semester of graduate school, I am barely figuring out how everything works and balances. So my focus, especially with it being the end of the semester, is on school. So please bare with me. Along with the fact that I have the typical paper and final finishing soon, I'm also starting a summer class the Monday after finals week!

*CRINGE*

What? Who does that, honestly?

Apparently me. I do.

I'll report the damage on a later date. I actually didn't start typing to talk about myself. I wanted to share with you a blog that I have been following for a while. Ashley, who has a wonderful heart and a handful of little children, has a wonderful blog too. Recently in the last few weeks, her one-year-old daughter has broken her femur, leaving her completely incapacitated in a hospital bed this entire time. She apparently gets to go home tomorrow, which is a joy, but the difficulty, struggle, and healing doesn't end when she leaves. It will transition into other unknown things her and her family will have to tackle.


So please, if you will, take some time to read her journey through these past few weeks. It's an incredible example of a warrior little lady, a warrior mama, a supportive and loving family, and a prime example of what loved ones should step up to do when crisis or trauma strikes. Also, if you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for this sweet girl, she could use it. A vivacious toddler and a broken leg doesn't quite make a great combination, so I cannot imagine the determination and strength it takes for her and her mom, Ashley.

Go ahead, sit in a chair, lay in bed, sit underneath your desk at work, grab some coffee, and read all about it. I think you'll be glad you did.

And I will go back to my 'acting like I know what I'm doing' version of studying.


No comments: