Wednesday, March 17, 2010

college

I love it. I cherish it. And I fully enjoy it. Sure there are plenty of things I will enjoy not having (homework, tests, parking tickets, etc.), but there are plenty that I will miss. Like taking the time to not do my homework and post on my blog. Deciding at 11p.m. that I really want some sweet tea and do it without needing to explain why. Being roommates with people who are all so different from one another yet get along so well. Having dear friends so far away and scarcely seeing one another and can pick up right where you left off. Talking with sweet, amazing girlfriends about life, struggles, relationships, and the dynamics of how each intermingle with one another. The realization that you spent the past 3 and a half years figuring out what major to study and not so much what you will do with it when you're done. The realization that you have less than 2 months left of your college career and have not one solid plan of what to do with your life.

I spent the past two days with some good long time friends in waco. And not too much beats that (besides sisters). We got to enjoy some good shopping (not buying), some coffee, a lot of food, a nap, and some strong reminders of why we are friends. Thanks guys. It reminds me really just how much I need to really enjoy these last two months of being in college. and with my dear friends in the wonderful town of lubbock.

So, I vow to not let myself get too upset about things for the next two months and be preparing for the warm weather that I have been waiting for, for such a long time!

2 comments:

kelci deshae. said...

I just thought you might like to know that I love being your friend :) It brings joy joy joy to my heart.

Jaime Thurstin said...

i loved spending time with you this break. i just realize everytime im with you how much i have missed you. im so excited for the things coming up, getting to visit you, summer, the wedding...!!! so many fun things that i will get to share with you! i cant wait. i hope you have a wonderful monday back at school, you can do it! i know its hard, but you just cherish the happy moments. a new chapter is about to start in your life! it will be exciting and confusing, but altogether wonderful. you just wait. i love you, friend. :)