Saturday, May 12, 2012

Becoming an Aunt Lo

I stumbled across a note I wrote one random day during my Sophomore year of college. It was back when people used that note section of your Facebook. After I read it, it took me aback, melted my heart and made me want to share it with you today. So here it is:

Date written: September 12, 2007

The occurrence of life that made me write this: Becoming an Aunt Lo for the first time and having to leave the family to be back at school. It was also a time of struggling a bit with migraines and trying to manage a small bundle of other life situations. So therefore, it was a recognition of what I thought about life and wanting nothing else than to hold that baby.
 -------------------------------

"God's hit me more in one night than He has in the past week...and that, in itself, makes my heart ache too. I should be noticing God hitting my heart constantly. And, in the past month or so I feel like this has been more and more apparent for me. And that....

life is so short

And precious, and fragile. Yet at the same time strong, awesome, and for some, brand new.

Why can things that go on seem so awful and seem to pull you down when, at the same time, there are some who struggle and deal with in-fathomable things. so many things. And then, when someone looses their life or are about to, you somehow see just how precious it is, and how truly blessed and good and sweet your life still is.

Sometimes its struggles. Sometimes, its someone new in the world. Someone that's not even yours and haven't even known for very long but makes you cry when you're far away and show you, personally, how precious life can be and how awesome God is.

Yes, things go on that really are so hard to deal with. Things that would be difficult for anyone. But when someone around you is going through something so heart aching and the only way you would know is if they simply told you, it kind of stops you in your tracks and shuts you up.

And I could not be more thankful for that tonight. Thank you, God, for making me stop and be silent and still and know that you are God. Awesome God."
-------------------------------
{At the end I had a picture of this girl from when she was first born...}


{Who now looks like this at almost 5...}
She's the one on the right and the big girl on the left is almost 4.


 




No comments: